The airport is committed to preventing pollution risks to soils and water by setting up specific planning and measures on the site.
The sources of pollution on the platform
Pollution of water and/or soils may occur for different reasons :
- Accidental fuel spillage (leak from a vehicle or aircraft, leak during refuelling)
- Accidental spillage of chemicals (leaks of dangerous products during maintenance on a plane or vehicle)
- Contaminated water (cleaning water, water for putting out fires)
- Products stored on containment bunds and attention paid to incompatibilities.
- Use of intervention kits in case of accidental spillage.
- Sealing plates and inflatable seals to prevent emissions into the natural environment.
- Raising awareness of platform users about the rules for storing and handling chemical products.